American Girl BeForever™ is a line of dolls and books that connects girls ages 8 and up with inspiring characters and timeless, compelling stories. First introduced in 1986 as The American Girls Collection®, the line gives girls today the opportunity to explore the past, find their place in the present, and think about the possibilities their future can bring. At the same time, the BeForever characters help girls see the common threads—the shared interests, the shared challenges, and the shared dreams—that tie children from all times together.
Each character's classic story is told in an engaging two-volume series that brings her era to life for young readers and focuses on such universal themes as family, school, cultural celebrations, and the inevitable changes and challenges every girl faces as she grows up. From a daring Native American girl living in the Northwest in 1764 to an optimistic girl growing up in San Francisco in the mid-1970s, the BeForever characters illustrate lasting lessons of hope and determination, and the enduring power of being true to yourself.
There are currently eight BeForever characters in the line:
- Kaya®, an adventurous Nez Perce girl with a deep respect for nature and a dream of being a leader.
- Caroline®, a heroic girl who must test her bravery and wits to help her family during the War of 1812.
- Josefina®, a quiet New Mexico girl who uses her heart to heal others in 1824.
- Addy®, a courageous girl who escapes slavery and keeps her family strong in 1864.
- Samantha®, a kindhearted girl in 1904 who won't let "proper" society stop her from helping others.
- Rebecca®, a lively girl who wants to shine bright for others in 1914 New York City.
- Kit®, a clever girl with a can-do attitude who creates better tomorrows in 1934.
- Julie®, an upbeat San Francisco girl who stands up and fights for what's right in 1974.
To bring the BeForever stories to life, skilled designers have created a beautifully crafted 18-inch doll for each character, along with historically accurate clothing, furniture, and accessories evoking her world and adventures. The line also includes modern clothing for girls inspired by the BeForever historical styles.
Girls can further explore the BeForever world through exciting multiple-ending books narrated by a modern girl who travels back in time to meet one of the BeForever characters, plus online games and activities, digital apps, and BeForever-related events at American Girl retail stores available throughout the year.
For a free American Girl catalogue featuring the BeForever™ dolls, books, accessories, and inspired-by clothing, call 800-845-0005 or visit americangirl.com.