For parents & teachers
Meet trusted pediatrician and childhood expert, Cara Natterson, MD.
Read an in-depth discussion about the series, its benefits, and more.
Find out how this best-selling series helps girls and parents.
Enjoy an inside look at featured sections from The Care & Keeping of You 2.
Get inspiration for open and honest talks with the girl in your life.
Discover advice that moms, dads, and daughters can all learn from.
Learning guides for schools and book clubs
Explore themes and issues from American Girl stories with these downloadable guides and worksheets featuring our characters:
- NEW! Isabelle: Discovering Your Own Way to Shine curriculum
- Saige: Expressing Oneself & Inspiring Others Through Art curriculum, color wheel, and sound clips.
- Caroline: Patriotism, Heroism, and the War of 1812
- Kaya: Native American Life and the Nez Perce Tribe
- Felicity: Loyalty, Independence, and the Revolutionary War
- Josefina: Spanish Culture and the Settlement of the Southwest
- Kirsten: Pioneer Life, Cultural Differences, and Helping One Another
- Marie-Grace and Cécile: Diversity, Community, and Point of View
- Addy: Freedom, the Civil War, and Life After Slavery
- Samantha: Innovation, Generosity, and Family
- Rebecca: Immigrants, Old Ways and New Ways, and Doing the Right Thing
- Kit: The Great Depression, Giving, and Resourcefulness
- Molly: Cooperation, Adaptability, and Resourcefulness
- Julie: Equality, the Environment, and Facing Change
- McKenna: Self-Esteem, Goal Setting, and Encouraging Self & Others
- Lanie: Animal Habitats and Observing Birds and Butterflies
- Chrissa: Bullying and How to Stop It
Plus: Find additional advice, reading options, and activities that can help girls deal with bullying. Discover more!