One of the most scrumptious cookies just got even more irresistible!
Don’t forget a big glass of cold milk!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches
Makes about 28 sandwich cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 recipe of chocolate frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium speed until well blended, about 1 minute. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat on low speed until well combined. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add half of the flour mixture and mix on low speed just until blended. Add the rest of the flour mixture and mix just until blended. Add the chocolate chips and beat just until the chips are mixed evenly into the dough. Scrape down the bowl.
- Scoop up a rounded tablespoonful of dough, then use your finger to push the dough onto 1 of the prepared cookie sheets. Repeat with the rest of the dough, spacing the mounds 3 inches apart on the cookie sheets.
- When both cookie sheets are full, bake 1 cookie sheet at a time until the tops of the cookies are lightly golden in the center, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and set it on a wire rack. Let cool for 5 minutes, then use a metal spatula to move the cookies directly to the rack. Repeat to bake the rest of the cookies. Let the cookies cool completely.
- Turn half of the cookies bottom side up and spread a thick layer of frosting on the surface of each upside-down cookie. Top each with a second cookie, placing the bottom side onto the filling. Serve right away.