While soldiers were fighting in World War Two, Americans at home were cheering them toward victory. Try two of Molly’s patriotic crafts that are all about supporting the U.S.A.!
- Tape measure
- White poster board
- Printer paper
- Red, blue, and silver glitter glue
- White glue
- Measure around your head with a tape measure.
- Cut a strip of poster board 1 inch wide and 1 inch longer than your head measurement.
- Staple the ends of the poster-board strip together.
- Print out this star pattern.
- Tape the printed star pattern to the poster-board and cut out the star.
- Use the poster-board star as a pattern to draw 2 more stars and cut them out.
- Decorate the stars with glitter, and glue them to the crown.
- Decorate the band of your crown with glitter, glue, and sequins.
- Piece of construction paper, 5 inches square
- Piece of tracing paper, 3 inches square
- White glue
- Small plastic bead
- Straight pin, 1 inch long (pleat pins work well)
- Wooden bead, about 1/2 inch wide
- Unsharpened pencil with eraser
- Gold foil stars (available in the school supplies section of stores)
- Use the pencil and ruler to draw a line from the top right corner of the construction paper to the bottom left corner.
- Then draw a line from the top left corner to the bottom right corner.
- Draw a circle about 2 1/4 inches in diameter onto tracing paper. Make a dot in the center of the circle.
- Carefully cut out the circle from the tracing paper. Place it in the middle of the construction paper square, with the dot centered over the place where the lines cross.
- Trace around the circle. Then set the circle aside.
- Number the corners of the square as shown. Starting at the corners, cut along the pencil lines to the edge of the circle.
- Put a small dot of glue in the center of the circle. Then fold corner 1 to the center. Hold the corner down for a few seconds, until it stays down by itself.
- Glue corner 2 on top of corner 1. The corners should overlap a little. Continue gluing the other corners to the center in the same way.
- Slip the small plastic bead onto the straight pin, and then stick the pin all the way throught the center of the pinwheel.
- Slip the wooden bead onto the pin. Push the pin into the eraser of the pencil. Make sure the point of the pin doesn’t poke through the eraser. Decorate your pinwheel with gold foil stars.
Web site copyright © 2006-2014 American Girl, LLC. All rights reserved.
American Girl® and logo, Emily™, Emily Bennett™, Molly ®, Molly McIntire®, and The American Girls Collection® and logo are trademarks of American Girl, LLC., which also owns all rights in these and all other “Molly” characters. Molly illustrations and text copyright © 2005 American Girl, LLC. All rights reserved. Photography copyright © 2006 by American Girl, LLC., and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.