Find shops featuring all of our characters—from historical favorites to My American Girl® dolls to our current Girl of the Year—plus Bitty Baby and the Bitty Twins. Add to the fun by exploring outfits, accessories, and furniture that help make every doll's world complete. Then browse our bookstore with titles that open up girls' imaginations. And don't miss Avenue AG, featuring specialty shops like Creativi-Tees for designing matching doll and girl T-shirts, plus more fun stops filled with adorable accessories, inspirational posters, treats to eat, and other surprises. Learn more
Enjoy the help of a personal shopper: Schedule an appointment today.
Chicago’s American Girl Cafe is the place for brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and parties. For reservations and seating times, call toll-free 877-247-5223. Prices subject to change. Now accepting reservations through January 29. Learn more
- Brunch is $19 per person, excluding tax and gratuity. Seating time: 9:30 a.m.
- Lunch is $22 per person, excluding tax and gratuity. Seating times: 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
- Afternoon Tea is $19 per person, excluding tax and gratuity. Seating time: 4 p.m.
- Dinner is $23 per person, excluding tax and gratuity. Seating times: 5:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m.
Dining is offered only at the seating times listed. Reservations are recommended to ensure the seating time is available. A lack of reservations may result in the cancellation of a seating time.
Your favorite girl can pose for a picture at the Photo Studio and take home a souvenir issue of American Girl® magazine with her face on the cover. Learn more
Doll Hair Salon
Let one of our stylists treat your girl’s American Girl doll to a new ’do! Visit the Doll Hair Salon and watch our specialists work their magic. Learn more
Your girl can learn tips and tricks for giving her doll a bright new ’do! Our Doll Hair Salon stylists will show lots of ways to style her doll’s hair using our Bright Highlights Set, vibrant clip-in hair colors made just for My American Girl® dolls. Your girl will get hands-on tips from our experts—and she’ll get to take the highlights home!
Five years ago, Lookingglass Alice, a wonderland adventure inspired by Lewis Carroll’s beloved stories, captivated Chicago theater audiences of all ages. Now, after touring the country, it’s back in time for the holidays. This exciting evening starts with a gourmet dinner at the American Girl Place Cafe. Then we’ll walk across the street to the Lookingglass Theatre for some gravity defying spectacle and visually breathtaking theatricality.
Leapin’ Lizards! It’s the return of the world’s best-loved musical, Annie, directed by its original lyricist and director Martin Charnin. Get into the holiday spirit with an uplifting show featuring such unforgettable songs as “It’s a Hard Knock Life,” ""Easy Street,” and the anthem of optimism, “Tomorrow.” After the show we’ll bus back to American Girl Place for a delicious dinner in the Cafe. And we’ll save some time for shopping, too! Includes transportation to and from Cadillac Palace Theatre.
Spend a special day with your daughter! You’ll enjoy a delightful meal, make a paper craft, and even sign a "father-daughter promise" to keep having fun together. Includes a keepsake photo and frame, plus an American Girl book to take home.
The Nutcracker is a timeless holiday treat your girl will cherish—especially if she’s a fan of our Girl of the Year, Isabelle, an aspiring ballet dancer. We’ll start the fun with a tea at the American Girl Place Cafe. Then we’ll bus to the Athenaeum Theatre for an enchanting performance of the Nutcracker complete with unforgettable characters, dazzling costumes and, of course, Tchaikovsky’s wonderful music. Includes transportation to and from the theater.
Design and decorate your own gingerbread house! This festive activity includes everything your girl needs to make a one-of-a-kind holiday centerpiece—gingerbread pieces, frosting, and lots of candy decorations.
Celebrate the season with American Girl! You and your girl can be one of the first to see our holiday window display and enjoy treats to help you get in the spirit.
Celebrate the season with your special girl! You’ll enjoy a delicious holiday dinner together in the American Girl Cafe. Plus, your girl can pose for a 5 x 7” photo with Santa at his winter wonderland in Water Tower Place.
Parties & special packages
Plan an extra-special visit to American Girl Place that’s perfect from start to finish. Call for reservations: 877-247-5223. Prices subject to change. See all the Special Packages
Throw her a party American Girl style—at the Cafe. $35 per person, excluding tax and gratuity.
Features everything she loves, all in a private dining area. $54 per person, excluding tax and gratuity.
She’ll spend a day filled with fun and surprises. $255 for one child and one adult.
Girls get American Girl Place all to themselves. $195 per person. $240 per person for Deluxe package.
For events that require reservations, please call 877-247-5223.
Plan your visit
Find the information you need to make your visit easy and enjoyable:
- Store hours
- Dining reservations/availability
- Store map (pdf)
- Hotels & parking
- Group visits
- Make a checklist
For more information, e-mail us or call 877-247-5223.
Frequently asked questions about American Girl Place
- What can I expect at the Doll Hair Salon?
- The Doll Hair Salon is where dolls get the special attention they deserve. Choose from a variety of new hairdos, and our stylists will make it happen. They can even pamper your girl’s doll with a package that makes her shine.
- What if I have a group?
- We welcome Girl Scout troops, birthday parties, corporations, school field trips, travel groups, book clubs, and more. Call 877-247-5223 to arrange a special visit. Available for groups of 20 or more.
- Do I need reservations?
- Reservations are needed for Cafe seatings and can be booked online for up to seven guests. To book for more than seven guests or to book for special events and packages that require reservations, call 877-247-5223.
- What if I need to change my reservation?
- For Cafe reservations, please adjust your booking online at least 24 hours beforehand if you have a change in the number of guests or if you need to cancel or re-schedule. Please note that event registrations are non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
- Do you have a Doll Hospital?
- Yes—your girl can bring in her doll for everything from general cleaning to “major surgery.” She’ll visit our Doll Hospital, and once she’s feeling better (in about two weeks), we’ll send her home, safe and sound.
- What is Personal Shopping about?
- Let one of our shopping experts assist you with advice, ideas, purchases, and more. To schedule an appointment, simply fill out our contact form. This complimentary service is available at all American Girl stores.
- How do I request a charitable donation?
- Please review the guidelines and requirements to determine your eligibility for a charitable donation, then complete and submit the charitable donation Request Form.
Dining reservations: book online | Party or event reservations: call 877-247-5223