Frequently asked questions
To ensure your visit can be as enjoyable as possible, we are taking all necessary safety precautions. Here’s what you need to know to help us keep everyone happy and healthy.
What is American Girl doing to keep customers (and employees) safe?
• Effective September 17: As per CDC recommendations, face coverings are required in all locations for all guests ages 2+. If you do not have a face covering, we’re happy to provide one or help you via curbside pickup.
• Chicago guests: Effective January 3, 2022, if you have a reservation for our restaurant or an event, all guests who are 5 years or older must show proof of full vaccination status* via their official vaccination record card, an official immunization record, a digital or physical photo of such a card or record. For guests 16 and older, you must also provide a government-issued identification per the law of the City of Chicago for entry into the restaurant area. All guests who visit this store must wear a face covering (except when eating or drinking in the restaurant).
*If you have a prior medical/religious vaccine exemption, you will need to provide proof of the exemption and proof of a negative COVID test taken within 72 hours in order to enter the restaurant.
• New York guests: Effective December 14, if you have a reservation for our restaurant or an in-store event, all guests who are 5 to 11 years old must show proof of one dose of COVID-19 vaccination via their official vaccination record card (Excelsior, picture, or hard copy of vaccination card). Guests 12 and older must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination via their official vaccination record. For guests 18 and older, you must provide a government-issued identification per the law of the City of New York for entry into the restaurant area or to attend an event. All guests who visit this store must wear a face covering (except when eating or drinking in the restaurant).
• Los Angeles guests: Starting November 29, 2021, all guests who are 12 and older must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination via their official vaccination record card or Digital Vaccination Record (picture or hard copy of vax card) to enter per the law of the City of Los Angeles. If you are 18 or older, you must also provide a matching government-issued identification. Guests must have had their last required vaccination dose at least 14 days before the date of the event.* Guests who are 2 years of age and older must wear a face covering except when actively eating and drinking and seated. Please wear a face covering when you are not seated, not actively eating or drinking, are waiting to be served, between courses or drinks, and while seated after finishing your food or drink. Thank you for your cooperation.
*If any guest 12 or older provides a self-attestation that they are not vaccinated because they have a medical condition or restriction, or a sincerely held religious belief, they must provide Proof of a Negative COVID-19 Test (picture or hard copy result from a PCR or antigen test taken within 72 hours before entry which shows their name, the type of test performed, the date, and the negative result) and, if 18 or older, a government-issued identification which matches.
• For more information regarding American Girl’s face-coverage requirements, please call 877-247-5223.
• Team members are following stringent sanitizing, hand washing, and social distancing protocols.
• Stores will have limited entrances and limited capacity.
• We’ve added friendly floor markers to remind you to practice social distancing. Please take “6 feet apart” to heart, whether you’re shopping or waiting to check out.
• We are frequently disinfecting all high-touch areas and expanding our daily housekeeping services and staffing.
• You’ll find hand-sanitizing stations near entrances, at checkout areas, and throughout the store.
• Store associates and guests are encouraged to stay home if they aren’t feeling well or are showing symptoms of COVID-19. Our store is always open at americangirl.com.
Can we still dine at American Girl?
Check your individual store site for dining and reservation availability. There will be slightly altered hours and we will be limiting table sizes based on local restrictions. In addition, we have switched to disposable menus and have temporarily removed loaner dolls from our cafés and party rooms.
Can we still visit the American Girl Salon?
Check your individual store site for American Girl Salon appointment availability.
To ensure proper social distancing in stores that offer girl ear piercing (Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Houston, and New York), there may only be room for your girl, one adult, and our stylist in the piercing area. This could vary by location, so please check with the stylist.