When accidents happen, the experts at the American Girl Doll Hospital are here to help. From a thorough cleaning all the way up to "major surgery," our doctors treat every doll with care, sending each one home as good as new and ready for many more years of memories.
Upon admittance of your American Girl doll to the Doll Hospital, a team of doctors will examine the patient from head to toe and decide on a treatment to fix any "injuries"—everything from hair brushing to limb tightening to major "surgery."
- Head replacement (same features as original doll)
- Body replacement (torso and limbs)
- Eye replacement (same eye color as original doll)
- Reattachment of head
- Reattachment of limbs (18" American Girl dolls only)
- Total doll replacement (only repair service available for WellieWishers dolls)
These procedures include hair brushing and skin cleaning before discharge. Your doll will be on the way home with a smile and special items, such as:
- Certificate of Good Health
- Get Well card
- Doll Hospital gown (plus a cap for Bitty Baby and socks for 18" and WellieWishers dolls)
- Doll Hospital ID bracelet (ID Bracelet not included with Bitty Baby/Twins for safety reasons)
Prepare your American Girl doll for a visit to the hospital—detailed instructions are listed on the form.
Choose whether you want to have ears pierced. (18" American Girl and WellieWishers™ dolls only) For $16, our doll doctors pierce ears and send home mix-and-match studs and dangle earrings.
Choose whether you want to add a hearing aid to one or both ears. (18" American Girl dolls only) For $14, our doll doctors will expertly fit a removable doll-sized hearing aid in one or both ears.
For dolls that need a little refreshing, this option offers a thorough hair brushing and skin cleaning. In addition to a renewed appearance, your doll returns with a Certificate of Good Health, a Get Well card, a Doll Hospital gown (plus a cap for Bitty Baby and socks for 18" and WellieWishers dolls), and a Doll Hospital ID bracelet (not included with Bitty Baby/Twins for safety reasons.)
While the wellness visit can greatly enhance a doll’s appearance, please note the following:
- Skin cleaning will remove most surface dirt from your doll's vinyl, but it is unlikely to remove ink or dye stains.
- Hair brushing will improve the look of your doll's hair, but it will not make a well-played-with doll's hair appear brand new.
The Doll Hospital can do more than help dolls “feel” better—we can help them look better, too, with our ear-piercing service.* Admit any 18" American Girl or WellieWishers™ doll, and we’ll pierce her ears, then send her home with mix-and-match studs and dangle earrings!
*Not available for dolls with previously pierced ears
Noteworthy Studs Earring Set
Available for Gabriela and Tenney dolls
Truly Me™ Earring Set
WellieWishers™ Earring Set
There’s one more way to personalize an 18" Truly Me™ doll: hearing aids. When you admit a doll to the Doll Hospital, our experts will perform a permanent piercing behind her ear to ensure the hearing aid is expertly fitted—in one or both ears. For more details or to order a Truly Me doll with a hearing aid, call 800-845-0005.
The hearing aids, which are removable, cost $14 and are also available for Truly Me™ dolls at time of purchase and at retail locations.