American Girl® Customer Review Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ENTRY OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1) SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The American Girl Customer Review Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) starts September 14, 2023, at 12:01 a.m. CDT and ends October 27, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. CDT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The drawing will take place on or about November 6, 2023.
2) ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or District of Columbia, 18 years or older as of the date of entry. Officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household or immediate family, i.e. parents, children, spouse, siblings, grandparents, the “steps” of each and persons residing in such immediate family members’ household) of Sponsor, Sponsor’s parent, related, affiliated and subsidiary companies, their advertising, promotion and web design agencies, all other entities involved in the creation, administration, or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes and their respective successors and assigns (collectively, “Promotion Entities”) are not eligible to enter or win. Void in Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
Free Alternate Method of Entry: To enter without making a purchase or writing a review on the Site, during the Sweepstakes Period, send a postcard with your full name, street address, city, state, zip code, e-mail address and daytime phone number to American Girl Customer Review Sweepstakes, American Girl Brands, LLC, P.O. Box 620991, Middleton, WI, 53562-0040. Postcard entries must be postmarked on or prior to the last day of the Sweepstakes Period and received by Sponsor within seven days of the expiration of the Sweepstakes Period.
Only one (1) entry per person will be accepted by either online customer review completion or mail in entry. Limited to one (1) prize per household.
4) PRIZE DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: One (1) random drawing of five (5) potential winners will be conducted on or about November 6, 2023. All entry submissions must be in by October 27, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. CDT. Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners are subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor will notify potential winners by e-mail. To claim prizes, potential winners must execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release to Sponsor within fourteen (14) days of materials sent. Acceptance of any prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its designees to use winner’s name and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without review or additional compensation unless prohibited by law. Failure to claim prize and provide this requested information within fourteen (14) days of notification, or if prize notification is undeliverable, will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
5) PRIZES: There will be five (5) prize winners. Each prize winner will receive one (1) $100 American Girl® digital gift card (Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $100 per prize; Total Retail Value of all prizes, $500). American Girl digital gift cards are distributed by CashStar, Inc.,("CashStar") and are redeemable per the digital gift card’s terms. No prize substitutions or cash redemptions allowed except as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, if advertised prize becomes unavailable. Prize is not transferrable. By accepting a prize, the winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. All applicable federal, state, or other tax liabilities arising from acceptance of the prize in this Sweepstakes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
6) CONDUCT: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules; participant’s rights and obligations; or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes; shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Wisconsin without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and the entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Dane County, Wisconsin. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual: (a) suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (b) acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of these Official Rules; or (c) acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike, disruptive, and/or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Promotion Entities assume no responsibility or liability for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled, or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction, or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers, or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or any combination thereof, or; (e) any injury or damage to entrant's or to any other person's computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download any materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part. Should this Sweepstakes be terminated, Sponsor reserves the right to select the potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date/action requiring such termination.
8) RELEASES: All entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Promotion Entities and all of their officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any and all liability, claims, costs, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with accessing the website; submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; the receipt, ownership, or use of any prize awarded; or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of any prize. Except for residents of Tennessee and where prohibited by law, winner grants to Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known and without limitation the winner's name, state of residence, voice, statement, picture, or other likeness, without additional compensation, for public relations, advertising, and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor. If you are selected as a winner, your information may also be included in a publicly available winner’s list. As a condition of entering, entrants agree (a) to release Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any traveling related thereto (b) participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
9) DATA PROTECTION/PRIVACY: Information collected by Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes is subject to Sponsor’s privacy statement located at http://corporate.mattel.com/privacy-statement.aspx and applicable data protection laws. Each entrant agrees to the collection, processing, and storage of entrant’s personal data by Sponsor for purposes of the Sweepstakes. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to Sponsor to use the winner’s name and likenesses for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Except as otherwise provided herein for the use of certain winner information, personal information collected from each entrant will only be used by Sponsor for the purpose of the Sweepstakes.
10) WINNER'S LIST: For the names of winners (first names, last initials, and cities), contact email@example.com by December 6, 2023.
11) SPONSOR: American Girl Brands, LLC, 2330 Eagle Drive, Middleton, Wisconsin 53562.